In chapter 2, we learned about different styles/ways educators use tools to connect/educate people by using technology/web tools. We also learned about different ways of connectivism and networking that provides a broader way of learning. Something that connected with me because of my career path, is on page 10 when the author says, “Trust, empathy, and reciprocity, are the glue for relationships that bond members together in any community, or social setting, but even more so online, where they enable the flow of knowledge and content. Developing relationships in the community takes time and cannot be rushed.” My career path is Hospitality & Tourism. I want to be an event planner for things such as weddings, festivals, and concerts. With this career path, I feel as though connecting with others especially online, is key to my career flourishing. I have to be able to connect with others to plan accordingly, introduce new ideas, and making others want to come to my ...
I like how you said Social Media Etiquette is all about being inclusive and not offending anyone in your content that is posted. I agree with you about the editors completely ignoring the fact it looked racist.
ReplyDeleteI agree with your summary and opinion of the Heineken advertisement. I also think it was completely avoidable, and I'm surprised no one in the marketing department of the company caught that their audience might take it the wrong way.
ReplyDeletePersonally, i was never a fan of Heineken. Even if that wasnt the intention of the ad, something like that should not have been released. The message that Heineken gave with that statement is entirely insensitive. I feel like it was wrong to have the beer slide past all of the black people in the commercial and if the diversity of people in the ad was different, it may have portrayed a different message.
ReplyDeleteYour analysis of the Heineken Lite ad was very insightful, specifically your point on Slide 5 about how the editing process failed to catch such an obvious visual bias.
ReplyDelete