Technology Blog #3 Developing a Connected Learning Model

 In Chapter 5, we learned about different digital tools that can help you create a digital presence/community. With the features that we learned about such as bookmarking, podcasts, blogs, etc., we'll be able to connect more efficiently and become better at staying connected digitally. Learning these features is key to developing that said community, because using these tools the correct way will result in being able to fully obtain the knowledge that is given. 

In particularly, podcasts are super beneficial for someone who is eager to learn or hear about something and wants to be able to have their own thoughts throughout what is being said. Podcasts give opinions and facts, and creates an open environment where people are able to connect on different levels. It's also sometimes easier to hear someone talk out loud to obtain knowledge. For example, sometimes when I'm going through something and I get in my car, I'll listen to a podcast about someone going through something similar while I'm driving to obtain knowledge and opinions but be able to curate my own thoughts and opinions. This is a great factor of learning about different digital features and how you can build your own community with these resources.


For my career in hospitality and event planning specifically, podcasts as well as blogs, are super beneficial. Being able to hear about different events that people have had, different situations people have gone through in the hospitality field and how they handled the situation, and so on and so forth, is something I could learn from but also feel connected to. Also, when people share their knowledge with others, everyone who listens will be able to learn something new We all go through things and have different experiences during our career. Being able to read or listen to something that you can connect to will not only make you better as a person but also push you further in your career. 




Comments

  1. I really liked how you explained the importance of digital tools in building a community. Your example about listening to podcasts in the car while going through something personally made your point very relatable. It shows how digital platforms can provide both information and emotional support while helping people reflect and form their own opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you explained the value of podcasts and how they help people learn in a more personal way. Your connection to hospitality and event planning also makes sense because learning from real experiences can help you handle situations better in your future career.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your perspective on Podcasts. I always thought that podcasts were for entertainment purposes, but now I see that it can be for much more. Finding an inspiring podcast or one related to your career can be extremely beneficial, and I like how you clearly connected that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see the point you made when you talked about how digital tools like podcasts and blogs help build a stronger sense of community. I agree with you, especially when you mentioned how podcasts create a more open environment for learning. Sometimes it’s way easier to understand something when you hear someone explain it instead of just reading it, and I also like how you pointed out that you can form your own opinions while listening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Megan, I liked how you talked about the value of podcasts and how they help people learn in a more personal way. It made a lot of sense to me. I also liked how you connected it to hospitality and event planning, because learning from real experiences can really help you handle situations better in your future career.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Megan! I really love how you explained that podcasts help you learn and still allow you to form your own opinions. Your example about listening in the car was very relatable and shows how easy it is to use digital tools in our everyday lives. I also agree that podcasts and blogs can help build a sense of community, especially in hospitality, by learning from other people’s experiences. This can apply to other fields too, like nursing, where hearing real situations can help you respond better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see your point about podcasts helping people learn while forming their own opinions. Your example about listening in the car made it really relatable. I also agree that this is useful for hospitality since learning from real experiences can prepare you for future situations. How do you decide which podcasts are actually reliable or worth listening to?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

app smack down

Technology Blog #1 - Developing A Connected Learning Model