app smack down

slides

app smackdown 


For my App Smackdown, I chose the app Facebook. Facebook is a social media app that is used mainly to share photos/videos with people you have as a friend. While this app is mainly used for this, it also has many other features. You can sell and buy almost anything you can think of sort of like a huge garage sale where everyone sells everything to each other. You can also create your own advertisements that will show up on other peoples feed depending on their interests. As well as buy tickets to a concert, book a reservation for any type of business you're interested in going to, and sign up for different groups. 

With my career path being event planning, Facebook will definitely be a tool that I will use often. When it comes to planning events, a lot of marketing goes into making those events possible. People need to see advertisements to become familiar with the event and be influenced to go. On Facebook, you can create ads and collect income from the tickets bought for those events. People will be able to buy tickets directly from Facebook and can even share the ad on their own profile, to get more people influenced to go.

 Along with ads, I would also be able to showcase myself and different events I have put together. By posting pictures, videos, and sharing information about my abilities, I will be able to get businesses interested in working with me and trusting me to plan events. With Facebook, I will be able to both build connections by using my profile as my visual resume, but also to advertise and get people interested enough to purchase tickets. 


Comments

  1. Facebook is definitely a great social media app for communication, and I could see how useful it will be for you in pursuing your career of event planning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you explained facebook features beyond just posting pictures. Highlighting market place, ads, groups and ticket sales showin gyou understand the platforms full potential.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan, it’s nice to see how businesses can interact with their customers and potentials using a known app. The analytics like you mentioned help you target your audience better and know where to spend more funds to build your reputation. How could this negatively impact your business?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great breakdown, I've never seen Facebook being more than just a social media app for being connected with your friends and posting pictures, but Facebook can definitely be great for small businesses and events.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked how you connected Facebook to your future career in event planning. Your points about using ads and ticket sales directly on the platform show a practical understanding of how social media can support marketing and revenue generation for events. I also thought it was great that you mentioned using Facebook as a way to showcase your work and build professional connections.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Technology Blog #1 - Developing A Connected Learning Model